So I actually planned a day off from New Job. And that day is today. I feel totally weird that it is 2pm and I should be logging in to start working. I feel like I'm being bad by not coming to work. That's how strong my work ethics are...I feel guilty for taking a day off that I EARNED and that the company has given me. LOL I'm some sort of freak!
So I found the 5 stages of grief: denial: check! negotiation: check! anger: check! sadness/depression: check! acceptance: half a check! I feel myself entering the acceptance stage as I adjust my thinking and believe that everything is going to be OK. I even feel ready to be dipping my toes back in the water. :-)
So (why do I always start with "so"? I don't know!) last night I was hanging with DP and her Matador and we went out to the club we usually go to when I am visiting her. Now, I was tired, not really in the mood, in fact I only had one drink. Why is it on a night like that, I keep getting hit on??? I was walking with DP and some dude actually stops me and starts talking to me. UGH! Not in the mood for random conversation...so he asks me "Are you from around here?" My reply, "No." I tried to walk away and he kept trying to stop me and kept asking me questions. My answers were short. I just didn't have the energy. And then he says, "You look like a well traveled person. Have you traveled overseas?" HUH? What makes me LOOK like a well traveled person? Can someone define that? LOL. Most of my answers to this person were, "No" so DP and I made a joke and just kept saying "NO!" to each other for the rest of the night. We found it funny. Oh ya and when we first got there, I ate some random bacon that one of the bartenders put out on the bar. Bacon? What the hell? And why did I feel the need to eat some? That is a new one. Later, DP and I were trying to round up her man to go home and another guy stops me and starts talking to me. He even tells me he's a boxer and says his name like I should have heard of him. I try to be polite and talk for a minute and then he asked me if he could buy me a drink. When I told him what I wanted he made a face and said, "Ew". And then he didn't buy it. LMAO. So I guess it's his way or no way. I went with NO WAY.
ANYWAYS...I was going to stay down at DP's until tomorrow but I decided to come home and enjoy where I live today. No makeup, no curling iron, no worrying about what to wear. So, I end this post with a smile and sigh of relief. Heading out to enjoy this beautiful day...
xoxo,
Cindie
No comments:
Post a Comment