Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have no idea what day it is.

Every day is a work day for me, so who the heck knows what day it is today? Who even cares? lol. I am in a mood today. I shut off my cell and something tells me I will have some interesting messages when I turn it on in the morning. I just need a break from the damn phone. lol

Meanwhile, I thought you (whoever) would enjoy reading a little story. I have a friend whom I've know for 25 years, probably longer. And as you all know, I was out of work for a bit. Well, this friend of mine just so happened to have a job for me at the same time I got hired on at New Job. Now, I am not one to pass up an opportunity without looking into it and weighing the pros and cons. So I met with him at his office to discuss the opportunity.

I apologize because I have to make fun of him a little to give you the hilarity (word?) of this story.

So, I'm sitting in his office and he's telling me about what they needed. In an effort to protect the innocent, I will not be reiterating the subject matter, but you will get the point.

He said, "Now Cindie, we really need someone to come in and do this job because, A. We are growing our business and plan to hire XXXX people by the end of 2010. Our marketing plan is solid because, A. We've got a strong team now. We really want our business to take off and we feel you would be a great asset to our organization. We feel you have, A. The dedication we are looking for. You are a hard worker and we will also be able to provide growth opportunities for you here at our company. Once our clients start to see our marketing materials they are going to, A. Be calling in and wanting more information. This is where we can really use your help to help us organize and prioritize these requests..."

Ok, I think that is enough to give you the gist. Here is what I was dying to know...WHAT IS B??????????? When someone says "A" don't they usually follow it up with "B"? This meeting was almost 2 months ago and I still want to know what B was supposed to be. ;-)

I'm just sayin'.

Awwww...if my pal is reading this...don't be offended. I just thought it was funny. You know you're my "Little Buddy". LOL

xoxo,
Cindie

P.S. Thanks to the Fresh Prince of OC for getting my booty to the gym tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! You'll have to tell me who the friend was!

    ReplyDelete