Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Amish Heat Surge?

Have you ever seen the infomercial for the Amish Heat Surge??? Ok, the first time I saw it, I was soooo confused about the Amish selling an electrical heater. I actually had to pay attention to the infomercial to finally figure out that the MANTEL part was created by the Amish. So is there a conflict of interest if they are building a mantel for an electrical appliance? Next question. Are the Amish not allowed to look toward the camera? The Amish guy in the infomercial that is being interviewed about the mantel is turned to the side and looking off to his left. It's not the typical interview style where the person is just looking off the the side of the camera. And the way they show the people who are using the heater...they look back lovingly at the heater and smile...that KILLS me. Anytime I've used an electrical heater, the electric bill went through the roof. So I'm confused on how this Heat Surge is going to save me money on the utility bills? I'm actually more Amish than them because when it's too cold in my house, I wear a hat and scarf. ;-)  Sounds like something I need to "Google".

xoxo,
Cindie

1 comment:

  1. lol. i feel the same way about the commercials. i do believe, though, they say the it uses as much electricity as a toaster of coffee maker or something small like that.

    never paid SOOO much attention that i noticed the "interview style". nice observation!

    ReplyDelete