I know this is not a very lady-like topic but some of you know that I have been known to have poop conversation over lunch. Some of you have been part of those conversations! But when you teach preschool, poop is just a huge part of the job. So I have a question...
Why is it that when I change a poopie diaper or poopie pants I gag and dry heave yet when that poop is from one of my nieces, it doesn't bother me? Why is that????? Moms???? Why?
Not that I have that problem now since I am not teaching anymore.
Oh and if this topic made you uncomfortable you need to know that there is a book on the subject...
xoxo,
Cindie

Need a good gag/poop story? When my nephew was 2-3 I was changing his diaper and started gagging so bad (he was a little under the weather so to speak) but I didn't want to puke on him so I quickly put my shirt up over my nose and ended up throwing up on myself inside my shirt! LOL So I immediately jumped into the shower to quickly rinse off. Later on I had somewhere to go and had to shower for real and my nephew came looking for me and asked "where Tita?" So my mom told him that I was in the shower and he says "AGAIN!??" LOL too funny. I haven't gagged anymore with changing anyone's diapers since I learned to breathe through my nose!
ReplyDeleteLOL my husband bought that book for his niece when she was potty training. The smell...I don't get grossed out changing diapers. I don't know if I have just gotten used to it but when the baby is sick with diarrhea that makes me gag every time!
ReplyDeleteSophia...that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I would change diapers I tried so hard to make sure the child didn't see my gagging or eyes watering. Sometimes it was physically impossible.
Soph...remember when one of the girls in our class exploded all over the bathroom????
Oh yes...she could have used a gasket! Bless her little heart..er...bottom! LOL
ReplyDelete