Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Inspriations

Hello...again.

Just one more post before I head off to my retail job for the rest of the day...

I want to talk about my inspirations of writing and authors I enjoy. I also want to know who you like to read.

Have you read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert??  I read that book two years before I should have but for some reason, I knew when I read it that I would one day identify with it. The book is about the author's true story of transformation from being someone she was "supposed to be" and having the courage to break free from that and find herself. There is a movie based on the book coming out soon and I CANNOT wait to see it.

I'm also a big fan of He's Just Not that into You by Greg Behrendt& Liz Tuccillo. I remember reading that book while I was on a plane with a boyfriend coming home from a trip to Costa Rica. I was about to quit my job and move away to where my boyfriend lived. While I was reading that book I realized that my boyfriend was "just not that into me". I moved anyway. I'm sure you can figure out how that one turned out.

One summer I read all of Nicholas Sparks' novels. Love them. My favorite is Dear John. I really think that book needs a sequel. I would like to be able to write stories like Nicholas Sparks.


So, as you can probably tell, I like the books about love stories and personal growth. This is who I am. The hopeless romantic who will get her happy ending.


Have a great Hump Day!!!


xoxo,
Cindie

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are so Jane Austen...tragic stories with wonderful romantic endings!




    Love ya...Gil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindie going through trials will make you stronger than you ever thought or ever even wanted to be. This is just a glimpse of your story to tell. You actually have a very posititve outlook which is just like you to see the glass half full in stead of half empty. I think many blessings come in small unexpected ways just hang in there and continue to move forward. I thought of you and Aimz this past week in Hawaii and how young and how much fun we had :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gil - ya, I know...so hopeless. lol

    @Stac 0 thank you...I really try to stay positive because I don't want to waste any time. Hawaii...now that was a good time. Remember the "The epitome..." guy? And remember the guys who grabbed me and almost threw me in their van??? I'm still scarred by that a little. But anytime I listen to Erasure, I think of us walking all over the place in Waikiki!

    ReplyDelete