I hate those three little words! What defines someone as being overqualified? If they are willing to do the job, what the hell does it matter if they are overqualified? I am thankful that my retail job has given me a chance to create and develop a new career. I was totally shocked when they called me for an interview. I had no previous experience. I took a pay rate of half of what I had been making as a teacher. They knew what I was making prior to joining their company and they still called for an interview. THANK YOU! Aside from that job, every job I've interviewed for has told me that I'm overqualified. How can that be???? What defines me as such? I'm getting so aggravated with the job search. I am happy at my retail job. I'm feeling happy with my tutoring job, even though the commute is ridiculous. Now I need to figure out if I can support myself with just those two jobs. At this point, that would be ideal for me.
I spent my day being pissed off about some things. Unfortunately, I had three jobs to do today and I could not be in a bad mood for any of them. I had to put my anger aside. It wasn't too difficult because I was keeping busy. But as soon I was heading home tonight, my rage returned. LOL. I think I need to take it out on some machines at the gym tomorrow. Sorry machines.
On a lighter note, I have a funny story...
I was working tonight at retail job and the store was getting ready to close. I was running around putting the go backs away, straightening the tables, etc., etc. While I was doing this, I noticed a scent of BO. I was thinking, "What the hell??? Why do I smell? This is gross. I cannot let anyone get near me and smell me!!!" Every where I went in the department, the smell followed. It had to be me. I was the only one there. I just wanted to make it through the next hour or so and get home and rectify this horrific odor. I was in the back gathering some things and I heard a coworker from another department ringing up a customer. He had come over to help me recover the department and I guess a customer was there needing to pay for some things. After the customer walked away, my coworker asked, "Did you smell that?" OMG!!! I was HORRIFIED. Not only could he smell me, but he called me out on it!!! Damn it!!! I was completely embarrassed. So I said, "The BO?" He said, "Yes. That guy reeked!" Holy crap...it was the CUSTOMER who had the BO. It was so bad, it was lingering all over my department. I thought it was me! I told my coworker that I had been running around thinking I was the stinky one and it was the customer! What a relief! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I am going to go back to being pissed off. LOL.
Good night.
xoxo,
Cindie
No comments:
Post a Comment